How do I become a "Climbing Trip Leader" for the ISUMCC?
- Be a dues paying member of the ISUMCC, in good standing
- Must have participated in at least 2 ISUMCC trips
- Pass Hands-On Leader Certification Test
- Receive the approval of the ISUMCC President and Advisor
Benefits of being a Trip Leader:
- When you lead a weekend trip (3 days or less) your transportation and camping fees are paid by the club
- When you lead a trip that is 4 days or more, the club will pay 75% of your transportation and camping fees
- You go on great trips, basically for FREE!!
- Meet lots of new people
- Great leadership experience!!!
What does a Trip Leader Do?
- Sign up for one of the trips listed on our trips page, or if you want to be original make up a new one.
- In advance: with your Co-leader, arrange for camping, transportation (including who will drive the GSB vans), and get the guidebook and maps
- Trip weekend: with your Co-leader, make sure you have the club gear. Once at your destination, help set a few top ropes and GO CLIMB!!. You might have to show a few beginners at first, but then you go and have fun
- Ensure the safety of the setups and the safety of your participants
- Make sure we get all of our gear back
I know it sounds a little much, but we as execs are here to help make the
trip go smoother and make your job easier. If you have ANY questions don't
hesitate to send the Pres. or any of the Execs an email