- Make Your Own Stove
- These are the instructions for making your
own stove out of cat food cans. This is different from the pop-can stoves
we made at the meeting, but similar concept.
On Thursday, 14 February 2013, Broke Barn
Climbing Gym burned down. It was a complete loss. This is, of course, very
sad news, as Broke Barn (a.k.a. Wall-Nut Creek) was a huge part of the Ames
area climbing community. Thank you to all who worked there and climbed there
to make it such a great place for all of us over the years.
- Our meetings are in Beyer 1308 (unless you see exceptions listed here).
Non-students can get in without having to pay Rec fees by telling them at
the desk that you're going to the club meeting for the Mountaineering
& Climbing Club in Beyer 1308. Please email the execs if you run into
any problems with this.
- Our meetings will typically focus on climbing at 7:30, general club
business at 8:00, and mountaineering at 8:15. However, we'll often adjust
that as needed.
- Beginners are always welcome!
Announcements & Resources
Club members need to fill out waivers each year. This is all done
- If you haven't already added membership in the Mountaineering and
Climbing Club on the Student Org website, go to our
there and, next to Membership:, click Request to Join and
go through the request process. If you have already paid club dues,
please mention that in the "Reason for Joining".
- On the
Manage Organizations page,
under Waiver in the row for Mountaineering and Climbing
Club, if it says Not Submitted, click Not Submitted and
fill out the waiver.
- Drivers Needed
- We always need more drivers. Must be 18 years old, and
takes about 17 seconds to complete.
- Van Training
- If you're at least 20 years old and don't have a terrible driving
record, take the large passenger van training class and test. The test is
free, and we always need more drivers for trips.
- Van Training Details
- Club Meetings
Mondays, 7:30pm, Beyer 1308.
Prospective members are welcome at the meetings, so come check us out and
bring your friends!
- Join us on facebook!
- If you use Google Calendars, you can add the
ISU MCC calendar.
(The Google Calendar is usually up-to-date, but watch this page and the
email list for the latest upadates.)